Blogger news

Jasa buat blog profesional

hot news

Senin, 25 Maret 2013

english idiom and meaning hand

Here are some idiomatic English and meaning from the word hand.

1. The furniture is hand-made.

2. The disaster caused many people lived from hand to mouth. ( in great poverty, unable to save anything)

3. The mountain is close at hand ( near).

4. The worker assured to put my job in hand at once. ( attend to it, finish it)

5. “ Put your hands up!” The criminal pointed his gun to the woman.

6. The architect and the developer worked hand-in-glove to build new housing in the city. ( in agreement).

7. The woman waits on her father’s hand and foot. ( follow her father wants).

8. I couldn’t lay hands on my math book. ( couldn’t find it).

9. Mr. Robert is always busy. He has his hands full. ( is very fully occupied).

10. I used to play badminton but now I am very busy, I should play it sometimes just to keep my hand in. ( for practice)

11. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ( proverb).

12. I don’t like buying a second hand watch.

13. Hands are needed in the project; you should apply for the job there. ( workers).

14. The leader has iron hand in the velvet glove. ( hardness under pleasing manner). Many hands make light work. ( Proverb)

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar

Entri Populer

more articles