Here are some idiomatic English and meaning from the word hand.
1. The furniture is hand-made.
2. The disaster caused many people lived from hand to mouth. ( in great poverty, unable to save anything)
3. The mountain is close at hand ( near).
4. The worker assured to put my job in hand at once. ( attend to it, finish it)
5. “ Put your hands up!” The criminal pointed his gun to the woman.
6. The architect and the developer worked hand-in-glove to build new housing in the city. ( in agreement).
7. The woman waits on her father’s hand and foot. ( follow her father wants).
8. I couldn’t lay hands on my math book. ( couldn’t find it).
9. Mr. Robert is always busy. He has his hands full. ( is very fully occupied).
10. I used to play badminton but now I am very busy, I should play it sometimes just to keep my hand in. ( for practice)
11. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ( proverb).
12. I don’t like buying a second hand watch.
13. Hands are needed in the project; you should apply for the job there. ( workers).
14. The leader has iron hand in the velvet glove. ( hardness under pleasing manner). Many hands make light work. ( Proverb)